Onemana Spot ID
Photo credit: jack edmonds
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.1 °C
Onemana in Coromandel is a fairly exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf The best wind direction is from the west. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for rips, sharks.
Overall Onemana Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Onemana over a normal July. ... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Onemana surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Coromandel surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Onemana
Visitor Reviews of Onemana
“Surfer Onemana in early January. Light offshores, turn of the tide from high, swell 3-4 ft.
A very nice set up at the right time of the tide, and with the offshores. I suspect the best time is an hour or two either side of high tide, but my experience is limited.
The beach has at least three, maybe four decent breaks, with a very sucky right popping off the sandbar next to the rocks at the south end (right) of the beach. There are two L/R peaks and then a left off the rocks at the northern end, but I didn't spend any time there.”
Mark L from NEW ZEALAND - 19 Jan 2012
Tide stations nearest to Onemana:
- Closest tide stationSlipper Island8 mi
- Second closest tide stationTairua11 mi
- Third closest tide stationRocky Point (Thames)21 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWhitianga24 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCoromandel Harbour35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Onemana:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)145 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)148 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)151 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)178 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)364 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Onemana:
- Closest city locationTauranga (New Zealand)40 mi
- Second closest city locationHamilton (New Zealand)53 mi
- Third closest city locationManukau (New Zealand)57 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNorthshore (New Zealand)65 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRotorua (New Zealand)71 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Onemana is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 64 km (40 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Onemana is Hamilton Airport (HLZ), also in New Zealand, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Auckland International Airport (AKL) in New Zealand, 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Rotorua Airport (ROT) in New Zealand is 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Whakatane Airport (WHK), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Onemana and is 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Onemana, Coromandel. Use the tab navigation above to view Onemana sea temperature, Onemana photographs, Onemana detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Onemana webcams, current wind from Coromandel live weather stations and Onemana tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Onemana.