Oldshoremore Spot ID
Photo credit: Vivien Scotson
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.2 °C
Oldshoremore on the North Coast is a sheltered beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around high tide. It very rarely gets crowded here.
Overall Oldshoremore Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Oldshoremore over a normal ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Oldshoremore surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Scot - North Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Oldshoremore
Tide stations nearest to Oldshoremore:
- Closest tide stationKinlochbervie2 mi
- Second closest tide stationUllapool40 mi
- Third closest tide stationStornoway, Isle of Lewis51 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationScrabster57 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWick73 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Oldshoremore:
- Closest ski areaCairngorm107 mi
- Second closest ski areaThe Lecht112 mi
- Third closest ski areaNevis Range112 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort128 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGlenshee130 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Oldshoremore:
- Closest city locationInverness78 mi
- Second closest city locationAberdeen143 mi
- Third closest city locationPerth157 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDundee159 mi
- Fifth closest city locationStirling168 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Oldshoremore is Stornoway Airport (SYY) in U.k., 78 km (48 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Oldshoremore is Wick Airport (WIC), also in U.k., 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Third is Inverness Airport (INV) in U.k, 121 km (75 miles) away.
- Lossiemouth Airport (LMO) in U.k is 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Kirkwall Airport (KOI) in Scotland is the fifth nearest airport to Oldshoremore and is 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Oldshoremore, Scot - North Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Oldshoremore sea temperature, Oldshoremore photographs, Oldshoremore detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Oldshoremore webcams, current wind from Scot - North Coast live weather stations and Oldshoremore tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Oldshoremore.