Old Orchard Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.8 °C
Old Orchard Beach in Maine is an exposed beach/pier break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the east. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide when the tide is rising. Rarely crowded here. Take care of rips, rocks and pollution.
For Old Orchard Beach, Maine, 1 km from Old Orchard Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At front Old Orchard Beach wx, 1 km from Old Orchard Beach.
At Portland Buoy, 11 miles from Old Orchard Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||5||6||6|
Overall Old Orchard Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Old Orchard Beach through a typi... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Old Orchard Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maine surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Old Orchard Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Old Orchard Beach is Portland International Jetport Airport (PWM) in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Old Orchard Beach is Augusta State Airport (AUG), also in USA, 99 km (61 miles) away.
- Third is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED) in USA, 140 km (87 miles) away.
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA is 140 km (87 miles) away.
- Bangor International Airport (BGR), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Old Orchard Beach and is 188 km (117 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Use the tab navigation above to view Old Orchard Beach sea temperature, Old Orchard Beach photographs, Old Orchard Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Old Orchard Beach webcams, current wind from Maine live weather stations and Old Orchard Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Old Orchard Beach.