Olas Verdes Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.8 °C
Olas Verdes in Guayas is an exposed reef and point break that has quite reliable surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Olas Verdes Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Olas Verdes over a normal Octo... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Olas Verdes surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guayas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Olas Verdes
- The closest passenger airport to Olas Verdes is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE) in Ecuador, 80 km (50 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Olas Verdes is General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC), also in Ecuador, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Third is General Serrano (Machala) Airport (MCH) in Ecuador, 86 km (53 miles) away.
- Pedro Canga (Tumbes) Airport (TBP) in Peru is 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Mariscal Lamar (Cuenca) Airport (CUE) in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Olas Verdes and is 161 km (100 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Olas Verdes, Guayas. Use the tab navigation above to view Olas Verdes sea temperature, Olas Verdes photographs, Olas Verdes detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Olas Verdes webcams, current wind from Guayas live weather stations and Olas Verdes tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, est ing shioxtEcuador and the surroune and the9ide>9sve heightsirely cro" height=widge, Guato naide ser="0" s="proxtOlas-Verforecast.com/resorts/Huascar>Salinas s="proxtOlas-Verforecast.com>Salinas s="proxtOlas-Verforecast.com/locations/Playa>Salinas 6032f75530ec6e8ec64f9ed5fd73d2f5325db1e1290af5c8c6 en" /3 class="int"/images/sno/> s="p
s="proxtOlas-Verforecast.com/locations/Playa>Salinas 6032f75530ec6e8ec64f9ed5fd73d2f5325db1e1290af5c8c6 en" /3 class="int"/images/sno/>