Ogunquit Rivermouth Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 7.1 °C
Ogunquit Rivermouth in Maine is an exposed river break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. The river breaks peel to the right. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of rips, rocks and pollution.
For Wells, Webhannet River, Maine, 8 km from Ogunquit Rivermouth.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-WELM1, 8 km from Ogunquit Rivermouth.
At Western Maine Shelf Buoy, 10 miles from Ogunquit Rivermouth.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||5||5||5|
Overall Ogunquit Rivermouth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Ogunquit Rivermouth through a typi... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ogunquit Rivermouth surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maine surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ogunquit Rivermouth
- The closest passenger airport to Ogunquit Rivermouth is Portland International Jetport Airport (PWM) in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ogunquit Rivermouth is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED), also in USA, 104 km (65 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 104 km (65 miles) away.
- Augusta State Airport (AUG) in USA is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ogunquit Rivermouth and is 165 km (102 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ogunquit Rivermouth, Maine. Use the tab navigation above to view Ogunquit Rivermouth sea temperature, Ogunquit Rivermouth photographs, Ogunquit Rivermouth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ogunquit Rivermouth webcams, current wind from Maine live weather stations and Ogunquit Rivermouth tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ogunquit Rivermouth.