Ogden Dune Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.8 °C
Ogden Dune in Lake Michigan is an exposed beach break that only works when conditions are just right Offshore winds are from the south. The short fetch makes for windswells rather than groundswells and the ideal wave angle is from the north. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Michigan surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ogden Dune
- The closest passenger airport to Ogden Dune is Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) in USA, 65 km (40 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ogden Dune is Chicago Ohare International Airport (ORD), also in USA, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Greater Kankakee Airport (IKK) in USA, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Du Page (West Chicago) Airport (DPA) in USA is 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Waukegan Rgnl (Chicago) Airport (UGN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ogden Dune and is 110 km (68 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ogden Dune, Lake Michigan. Use the tab navigation above to view Ogden Dune sea temperature, Ogden Dune photographs, Ogden Dune detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ogden Dune webcams, current wind from Lake Michigan live weather stations and Ogden Dune tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ogden Dune.