Ocos Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.3 °C
Ocos in Pacific Coast is an exposed river break that usually has waves Offshore winds are from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The river break offers both left and right hand waves. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Ocos Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Ocos over a normal September, base... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ocos surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Pacific Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ocos
Tide stations nearest to Ocos:
- Closest tide stationSuchiate2 mi
- Second closest tide stationOcos4 mi
- Third closest tide stationPuerto Madero17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationChamperico28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Jose104 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ocos:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1466 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1517 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1522 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1536 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)1544 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ocos:
- Closest city locationTapachula (Mexico)25 mi
- Second closest city locationCoatepeque (Guatemala)27 mi
- Third closest city locationRetalhuleu (Guatemala)37 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Marcos (Guatemala)42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Pedro Sacatepequez (Guatemala)43 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Ocos is Tapachula International Airport (TAP) in Mexico, which is 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Ocos is La Aurora (Guatemala City) Airport (GUA) in Guatemala, 184 km (114 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ocos, Pacific Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Ocos sea temperature, Ocos photographs, Ocos detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ocos webcams, current wind from Pacific Coast live weather stations and Ocos tide predictions. The Guatemala swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Guatemala and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Guatemala wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ocos.