Oceanic Pier Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Carolina, USA)
Oceanic Pier Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.4 °C
Oceanic Pier in North Carolina is a quite exposed beach/Pier break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
Overall Oceanic Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Oceanic Pier through a typical Apr... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Oceanic Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Oceanic Pier
Visitor Reviews of Oceanic Pier
Tide stations nearest to Oceanic Pier:
- Closest tide stationMasonboro Inlet1 mi
- Second closest tide stationWrightsville Beach2 mi
- Third closest tide stationMyrtle Grove6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOgden6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSilver Lake7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Oceanic Pier:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)242 mi
- Second closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)257 mi
- Third closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)264 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)266 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHawksnest (United States)268 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Oceanic Pier:
- Closest city locationWilmington (United States)8 mi
- Second closest city locationJacksonville (United States)45 mi
- Third closest city locationMyrtle Beach (United States)71 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGoldsboro (United States)83 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFayetteville (United States)88 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Oceanic Pier is Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Oceanic Pier is New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA), also in USA, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Third is Cherry Point Mcas Airport (NKT) in USA, 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Craven Co Rgnl (New Bern) Airport (EWN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Oceanic Pier and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Oceanic Pier, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Oceanic Pier sea temperature, Oceanic Pier photographs, Oceanic Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Oceanic Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Oceanic Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Oceanic Pier.