Ocean Shores Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.3 °C
Ocean Shores in Washington Stateis a breakwater break that has fairly consistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. The best wind direction is from the east. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
For Point Brown, Grays Harbor, Washington, 4 km from Ocean Shores.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Ocean Shores, 4 km from Ocean Shores.
|light winds from the SE|
At Cape Elizabeth, 37 miles from Ocean Shores.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||9||9||4|
Overall Ocean Shores Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Ocean Shores through a typ... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ocean Shores surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Washington surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ocean Shores
Visitor Reviews of Ocean Shores
“Big waves but super floppy and foamy. Bad for surfing and one out of 10 sets are ok on mid break for body boarding. Fast southern current and strong rips. All in all a bad place to play in the water.”
john doe from UNITED STATES - 21 Aug 2015
Tide stations nearest to Ocean Shores:
- Closest tide stationPoint Brown, Grays Harbor2 mi
- Second closest tide stationWestport, Point Chehalis, Grays Harbor6 mi
- Third closest tide stationBay City, South Bay, Grays Harbor9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMarkham, Grays Harbor9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMoon Island, North Channel, Grays Harbor11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ocean Shores:
- Closest ski areaHurricane Ridge (United States)77 mi
- Second closest ski areaThe Summit at Snoqualmie (United States)104 mi
- Third closest ski areaCrystal Mountain (United States)123 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAlpental At The Summit (United States)133 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSummit at Snoqualmie (United States)133 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ocean Shores:
- Closest city locationOlympia (United States)61 mi
- Second closest city locationLacey (United States)64 mi
- Third closest city locationLongview (United States)78 mi
- Fourth closest city locationUniversity Place (United States)78 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLakewood (United States)79 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ocean Shores, Washington. Use the tab navigation above to view Ocean Shores sea temperature, Ocean Shores photographs, Ocean Shores detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ocean Shores webcams, current wind from Washington live weather stations and Ocean Shores tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ocean Shores.