Ocean Shores Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.8 °C
Ocean Shores in Washington Stateis a breakwater break that has fairly consistent surf. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. Offshore winds are from the east. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. Rarely crowded here. Take care of - Rips / undertow.
For Point Brown, Grays Harbor, Washington, 4 km from Ocean Shores.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Ocean Shores, 3 km from Ocean Shores.
|light winds from the W|
At Cape Elizabeth, 37 miles from Ocean Shores.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||7||8||8|
Overall Ocean Shores Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Ocean Shores through an average Ju... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ocean Shores surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Washington surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ocean Shores
Visitor Reviews of Ocean Shores
“Big waves but super floppy and foamy. Bad for surfing and one out of 10 sets are ok on mid break for body boarding. Fast southern current and strong rips. All in all a bad place to play in the water.”
john doe from UNITED STATES - 21 Aug 2015
Tide stations nearest to Ocean Shores:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station6 mi
- Third closest tide station9 mi
- Fourth closest tide station9 mi
- Fifth closest tide station11 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ocean Shores is Gray Aaf (Fort Lewis) Airport (GRF) in USA, 121 km (75 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ocean Shores is Mc Chord Afb (Tacoma) Airport (TCM), also in USA, 130 km (81 miles) away.
- Third is Port Angeles Cgas Airport (NOW) in USA, 142 km (88 miles) away.
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA) in USA is 151 km (94 miles) away.
- Boeing Fld King Co International (Seattle) Airport (BFI), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ocean Shores and is 154 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ocean Shores, Washington. Use the tab navigation above to view Ocean Shores sea temperature, Ocean Shores photographs, Ocean Shores detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ocean Shores webcams, current wind from Washington live weather stations and Ocean Shores tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ocean Shores.