Ocean Lakes Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.1 °C
Ocean Lakes in South Carolinais a beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks are all lefts. Rarely crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
Overall Ocean Lakes Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Ocean Lakes through an... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ocean Lakes surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ocean Lakes
Tide stations nearest to Ocean Lakes:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station5 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ocean Lakes is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ocean Lakes is Florence Rgnl Airport (FLO), also in USA, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island, 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA is 121 km (75 miles) away.
- Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ocean Lakes and is 129 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ocean Lakes, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Ocean Lakes sea temperature, Ocean Lakes photographs, Ocean Lakes detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ocean Lakes webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Ocean Lakes tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ocean Lakes.