Ocean Lakes Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.4 °C
Ocean Lakes in South Carolinais a beach break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks peel to the left. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For Myrtle Beach (Springmaid Pier), South Carolina, 5 km from Ocean Lakes.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Surfside Beach, 1 km from Ocean Lakes.
|light winds from the SW|
Overall Ocean Lakes Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the combination of swells directed at Ocean Lakes through a typi... (show all text)
The graph describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ocean Lakes surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ocean Lakes
Tide stations nearest to Ocean Lakes:
- Closest tide stationMyrtle Beach (Springmaid Pier)3 mi
- Second closest tide stationGarden City Bridge, Main Creek4 mi
- Third closest tide stationGarden City Pier (ocean)4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSocastee Bridge, ICWW5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMyrtle Beach6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ocean Lakes:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort216 mi
- Second closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain233 mi
- Third closest ski areaSugar Mountain241 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHawksnest242 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Beech Mountain Resort246 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ocean Lakes:
- Closest city locationMyrtle Beach6 mi
- Second closest city locationFlorence61 mi
- Third closest city locationWilmington75 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGoose Creek76 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorth Charleston80 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ocean Lakes is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ocean Lakes is Florence Rgnl Airport (FLO), also in USA, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island, 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA is 121 km (75 miles) away.
- Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ocean Lakes and is 129 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ocean Lakes, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Ocean Lakes sea temperature, Ocean Lakes photographs, Ocean Lakes detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ocean Lakes webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Ocean Lakes tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ocean Lakes.