Ocean Lakes Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(South Carolina, USA)
Ocean Lakes Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.6 °C
Ocean Lakes in South Carolinais a beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer left-handers. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For Myrtle Beach (Springmaid Pier), South Carolina, 5 km from Ocean Lakes.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-MROS1, 5 km from Ocean Lakes.
|moderate winds from the E|
Overall Ocean Lakes Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Ocean Lakes through an average May... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ocean Lakes surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ocean Lakes
Visitor Reviews of Ocean Lakes
Tide stations nearest to Ocean Lakes:
- Closest tide stationMyrtle Beach (Springmaid Pier)3 mi
- Second closest tide stationGarden City Bridge, Main Creek4 mi
- Third closest tide stationGarden City Pier (ocean)4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSocastee Bridge, ICWW5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMyrtle Beach6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ocean Lakes:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)216 mi
- Second closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)233 mi
- Third closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)241 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHawksnest (United States)242 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Beech Mountain Resort (United States)246 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ocean Lakes:
- Closest city locationMyrtle Beach (United States)6 mi
- Second closest city locationFlorence (United States)61 mi
- Third closest city locationWilmington (United States)75 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGoose Creek (United States)76 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorth Charleston (United States)80 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ocean Lakes, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Ocean Lakes sea temperature, Ocean Lakes photographs, Ocean Lakes detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ocean Lakes webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Ocean Lakes tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ocean Lakes.