Ocean City Spot ID
Best: Swell ESE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 5.9 °C
Ocean City in Marylandis a beach break. Offshore winds are from the west northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the east southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Beware of rips and locals.
Overall Ocean City Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Ocean City over a normal January... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ocean City surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Maryland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ocean City
- The closest passenger airport to Ocean City is Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Rgnl Airport (SBY) in USA, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ocean City is Wallops Flight Facility Airport (WAL), also in USA, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Cape May Co (Wildwood) Airport (WWD) in USA, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Dover Afb Airport (DOV) in USA is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Millville Muni Airport (MIV), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ocean City and is 107 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ocean City, Maryland. Use the tab navigation above to view Ocean City sea temperature, Ocean City photographs, Ocean City detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ocean City webcams, current wind from Maryland live weather stations and Ocean City tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ocean City.