Ocean Beach Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.2 °C
Ocean Beach in Hawkes Bay is a reasonably exposed beach and reef break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights as well as left and right hand reef breaks.. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. It's sometimes crowded here. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
Overall Ocean Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Ocean Beach through a typi... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ocean Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Hawkes Bay surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ocean Beach
Tide stations nearest to Ocean Beach:
- Closest tide stationNapier21 mi
- Second closest tide stationWairoa River55 mi
- Third closest tide stationWaikokopu66 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCastlepoint89 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGisborne93 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ocean Beach:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)81 mi
- Second closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)85 mi
- Third closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)86 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)159 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)261 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ocean Beach:
- Closest city locationHastings (New Zealand)12 mi
- Second closest city locationNapier (New Zealand)19 mi
- Third closest city locationPalmerston North (New Zealand)84 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGisborne (New Zealand)93 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWanganui (New Zealand)104 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ocean Beach is Palmerston North Airport (PMR) in New Zealand, 133 km (83 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ocean Beach is Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand, 140 km (87 miles) away.
- Third is Gisborne Airport (GIS) in New Zealand, 149 km (93 miles) away.
- Wanganui Airport (WAG) in New Zealand is 171 km (106 miles) away.
- Masterton Airport (MRO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Ocean Beach and is 177 km (110 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ocean Beach, Hawkes Bay. Use the tab navigation above to view Ocean Beach sea temperature, Ocean Beach photographs, Ocean Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ocean Beach webcams, current wind from Hawkes Bay live weather stations and Ocean Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ocean Beach.