Nosara Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.5 °C
Nosara Beach in Guanacaste is an exposed beach break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the north northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of .
Overall Nosara Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Nosara Beach through a typical Jun... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Nosara Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guanacaste surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Nosara Beach
Tide stations nearest to Nosara Beach:
- Closest tide stationPunta Arenas59 mi
- Second closest tide stationChacarita62 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Juan del Sur88 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMasachapa136 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Juan del Norte (Greytown)150 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Nosara Beach:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1433 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1699 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1735 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1738 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1746 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Nosara Beach:
- Closest city locationLiberia48 mi
- Second closest city locationPuntarenas58 mi
- Third closest city locationChacarita62 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Jose78 mi
- Fifth closest city locationQuesada89 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Nosara Beach is Nosara Airport (NOB) in Costa Rica, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Nosara Beach is Daniel Oduber Quiros International (Liberia) Airport (LIR), also in Costa Rica, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) in Costa Rica, 163 km (101 miles) away.
- Quepos Managua Airport (XQP) in Costa Rica is 182 km (113 miles) away.
- Managua International Airport (MGA) in Nicaragua is the fifth nearest airport to Nosara Beach and is 245 km (152 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Nosara Beach, Guanacaste. Use the tab navigation above to view Nosara Beach sea temperature, Nosara Beach photographs, Nosara Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Nosara Beach webcams, current wind from Guanacaste live weather stations and Nosara Beach tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Nosara Beach.