North Side Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.8 °C
North Side in Necker Island is an exposed break. that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the south. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north.. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rocks,reef,urchins,jellyfish and sharks.
Overall North Side Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at North Side over a normal May... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single North Side surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Necker Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of North Side
Tide stations nearest to North Side:
- Closest tide station19 mi
- Second closest tide station27 mi
- Third closest tide station28 mi
- Fourth closest tide station35 mi
- Fifth closest tide station37 mi
Ski Resorts closest to North Side:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1595 mi
- Second closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)1600 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1611 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1617 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)1619 mi
Town and city forecasts close to North Side:
- The closest passenger airport to North Side is Terrance B Lettsome International (Roadtown/beef Island) Airport (EIS) in Virgin Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to North Side is Cyril E King (St. Thomas) Airport (STT), also in Virgin Isl., 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Third is Henry E Rohlsen (St. Criox Island) Airport (STX) in Virgin Isl., 103 km (64 miles) away.
- Roosevelt Roads Ns Airport (NRR) in Puerto Rico is 139 km (86 miles) away.
- Diego Jimenez Torres (Fajardo) Airport (FAJ), also in Puerto Rico is the fifth nearest airport to North Side and is 140 km (87 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for North Side, Necker Island. Use the tab navigation above to view North Side sea temperature, North Side photographs, North Side detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, North Side webcams, current wind from Necker Island live weather stations and North Side tide predictions. The British Virgin Islands swell maps link will open up the big picture showing British Virgin Islands and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from British Virgin Islands wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around North Side.