North Point 3 Spot ID
Photo credit: toto mont
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.2 °C
North Point 3 in Lake Michiganis a reef break that has pretty consitent surf Offshore winds are from the west southwest. Short period wind swells are the rule and the best wave direction is from the northeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. The location means that it never gets crowded. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Rocks.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Michigan surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of North Point 3
- The closest passenger airport to North Point 3 is Austin Straubel International (Green Bay) Airport (GRB) in USA, 87 km (54 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to North Point 3 is General Mitchell International (Milwaukee) Airport (MKE), also in USA, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Third is Dane Co Rgnl Truax Fld (Madison) Airport (MSN) in USA, 150 km (93 miles) away.
- Waukegan Rgnl (Chicago) Airport (UGN) in USA is 150 km (93 miles) away.
- Menominee Marinette Twin Co (Macon) Airport (MNM), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to North Point 3 and is 152 km (94 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for North Point 3, Lake Michigan. Use the tab navigation above to view North Point 3 sea temperature, North Point 3 photographs, North Point 3 detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, North Point 3 webcams, current wind from Lake Michigan live weather stations and North Point 3 tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around North Point 3.