North Pier (Narragansett) Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.3 °C
North Pier(Narragansett) in Rhode Island is a sheltered beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the west with some shelter here from northeast winds. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the east. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Narragansett Pier, Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island, 1 km from North Pier (Narragansett).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Narragansett, 2 km from North Pier (Narragansett).
|light winds from the NNW|
At Montauk Point Buoy, 60 miles from North Pier (Narragansett).
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||10||9||10|
Overall North Pier (Narragansett) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at North Pier (Narragansett) thro... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single North Pier (Narragansett) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of North Pier (Narragansett)
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to North Pier (Narragansett):(click location name for more details)
- Closest break1 mi
- Second closest break1 mi
- Third closest break2 mi
- Fourth closest break3 mi
- Fifth closest break4 mi
Tide stations nearest to North Pier (Narragansett):
- Closest tide stationNarragansett Pier, Narragansett Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationWatson Pier, Boston Neck, Narragansett Bay2 mi
- Third closest tide stationBeavertail Point, Narragansett Bay3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPoint Judith Harbor of Refuge5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCastle Hill, Narragansett Bay6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to North Pier (Narragansett):
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)7 mi
- Second closest ski areaBlue Hills (United States)57 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)62 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)65 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area (United States)77 mi
Town and city forecasts close to North Pier (Narragansett):
- Closest city locationNorth Kingstown (United States)8 mi
- Second closest city locationWarwick (United States)19 mi
- Third closest city locationWest Warwick (United States)19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCoventry (United States)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationProvidence (United States)24 mi
- The closest passenger airport to North Pier (Narragansett) is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to North Pier (Narragansett) is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 82 km (51 miles) away.
- Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD) in USA is 105 km (65 miles) away.
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to North Pier (Narragansett) and is 110 km (68 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for North Pier (Narragansett), Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view North Pier (Narragansett) sea temperature, North Pier (Narragansett) photographs, North Pier (Narragansett) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, North Pier (Narragansett) webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and North Pier (Narragansett) tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around North Pier (Narragansett).