North Palmetto Point Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.8 °C
North Palmetto Point in Eleuthera is an exposed reef break that does not work very often. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Best around mid tide. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for urchins, rocks, sharks and coral.
Overall North Palmetto Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at North Palmetto Point through a ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single North Palmetto Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eleuthera surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of North Palmetto Point
Tide stations nearest to North Palmetto Point:
- Closest tide station13 mi
- Second closest tide station16 mi
- Third closest tide station73 mi
- Fourth closest tide station76 mi
- Fifth closest tide station99 mi
Ski Resorts closest to North Palmetto Point:
- The closest passenger airport to North Palmetto Point is Governors Harbour (Governor's Harbor) Airport (GHB) in Bahamas, 24 km (15 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to North Palmetto Point is Rock Sound Airport (RSD), also in Bahamas, 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Third is North Eleuthera Airport (ELH) in Bahamas, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Nassau International Airport (NAS) in Bahamas is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Andros Town Airport (ASD), also in Bahamas is the fifth nearest airport to North Palmetto Point and is 175 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for North Palmetto Point, Eleuthera. Use the tab navigation above to view North Palmetto Point sea temperature, North Palmetto Point photographs, North Palmetto Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, North Palmetto Point webcams, current wind from Eleuthera live weather stations and North Palmetto Point tide predictions. The Bahamas swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Bahamas and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Bahamas wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around North Palmetto Point.