North Myrtle/27th Avenue South Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.7 °C
North Myrtle/27th Avenue South in South Carolina is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A popular wave that can get growded. Pollution may be a hazard at this break.
For Cherry Grove (inside), South Carolina, 1 km from North Myrtle/27th Avenue South.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At North Myrtle Beach, 3 km from North Myrtle/27th Avenue South.
Overall North Myrtle/27th Avenue South Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at North Myrtle/27th Avenue South ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single North Myrtle/27th Avenue South surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of North Myrtle/27th Avenue South
Visitor Reviews of North Myrtle/27th Avenue South
“27th ave south (aka two seven) has a few, good, reliable sandbars when the army corp of engineers doesn't tear the place up (every 7 - 10 years). The 27 local crew is always out and is extremely friendly and fun to hang with. When the surf is flat...and it does go flat for a long time...you can catch a great game of corn hole with the local crew. When there are are waves, its mostly wind swell with an occasional groundswell. The waves can be fun and get up to shoulder high on the best days (head plus with a hurricane swell....once or twice a year). Find a parking spot at the beach access and look for the President, The Mayor, The Secretary, and the office staff at 27!!!!! PURA VIDA!!!!”
Jon Hoffnagle from UNITED STATES - 04 Jun 2014
Tide stations nearest to North Myrtle/27th Avenue South:
- Closest tide stationCherry Grove (inside)1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHog Inlet Pier2 mi
- Third closest tide stationNixon Crossroads, ICWW2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNorth Myrtle Beach2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDunn Sound, west end4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to North Myrtle/27th Avenue South:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)219 mi
- Second closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)235 mi
- Third closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)243 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHawksnest (United States)245 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Beech Mountain Resort (United States)249 mi
Town and city forecasts close to North Myrtle/27th Avenue South:
- Closest city locationMyrtle Beach (United States)17 mi
- Second closest city locationWilmington (United States)52 mi
- Third closest city locationFlorence (United States)69 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFayetteville (United States)87 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFort Bragg (United States)93 mi
- The closest passenger airport to North Myrtle/27th Avenue South is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to North Myrtle/27th Avenue South is Wilmington International Airport (ILM), also in USA, 84 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Florence Rgnl Airport (FLO) in USA, 107 km (66 miles) away.
- New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA) in USA is 148 km (92 miles) away.
- Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island is the fifth nearest airport to North Myrtle/27th Avenue South and is 148 km (92 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for North Myrtle/27th Avenue South, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view North Myrtle/27th Avenue South sea temperature, North Myrtle/27th Avenue South photographs, North Myrtle/27th Avenue South detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, North Myrtle/27th Avenue South webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and North Myrtle/27th Avenue South tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around North Myrtle/27th Avenue South.