North Jetty Spot ID
Photo credit: Joe Haut
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.3 °C
North Jetty_1 in North Florida is an exposed beach/Pier break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. The beach break offers mainly right hand waves. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of sharks,jellyfish, rips.
Overall North Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at North Jetty over a normal May, base... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single North Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of North Jetty
Tide stations nearest to North Jetty:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station1 mi
- Third closest tide station2 mi
- Fourth closest tide station2 mi
- Fifth closest tide station2 mi
- The closest passenger airport to North Jetty is Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to North Jetty is Jacksonville Nas Airport (NIP), also in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Cecil Fld (Jacksonville) Airport (NZC) in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Gainesville Rgnl Airport (GNV) in USA is 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Wright Aaf Airport (LHW), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to North Jetty and is 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for North Jetty, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view North Jetty sea temperature, North Jetty photographs, North Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, North Jetty webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and North Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around North Jetty.