North Jetty Spot ID
Photo credit: Joe Haut
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.0 °C
North Jetty_1 in North Florida is an exposed beach/Pier break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. The beach break offers mainly right hand waves. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of sharks,jellyfish, rips.
For Saint Johns River at Navy degaussing structure, Florida, 1 km from North Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Mayport Naval Air Station Airport, 3 km from North Jetty.
|light winds from the NW|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall North Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at North Jetty through a typical... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single North Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of North Jetty
Tide stations nearest to North Jetty:
- Closest tide stationSaint Johns River at Navy degaussing structure1 mi
- Second closest tide stationWater Treatment Dock, Mayport Naval Station, St Johns River1 mi
- Third closest tide stationBar Pilot Dock, Saint Johns River2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLittle Talbot Island2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMayport (ferry dock)2 mi
Ski Resorts closest to North Jetty:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)335 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)338 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)338 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)339 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)370 mi
Town and city forecasts close to North Jetty:
- Closest city locationPonte Vedra Beach (United States)12 mi
- Second closest city locationJacksonville (United States)17 mi
- Third closest city locationFruit Cove (United States)25 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLakeside (United States)29 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPalm Coast (United States)58 mi
- The closest passenger airport to North Jetty_1 is Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to North Jetty_1 is Jacksonville Nas Airport (NIP), also in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Cecil Fld (Jacksonville) Airport (NZC) in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Gainesville Rgnl Airport (GNV) in USA is 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Wright Aaf Airport (LHW), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to North Jetty_1 and is 166 km (103 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for North Jetty, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view North Jetty sea temperature, North Jetty photographs, North Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, North Jetty webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and North Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around North Jetty.