North Jetty Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.2 °C
North Jetty in Georgia is an exposed beach/Jetty break that only works once in a while. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the ideal wave angle is from the northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Hazards include rips, rocks, locals and sharks.
Overall North Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at North Jetty through an ave... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single North Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Georgia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of North Jetty
- The closest passenger airport to North Jetty is Hunter Aaf Airport (SVN) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to North Jetty is Savannah Hilton Head International Airport (SAV), also in USA, 35 km (22 miles) away.
- Third is Beaufort Mcas Airport (NBC) in USA, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Wright Aaf Airport (LHW) in USA is 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to North Jetty and is 123 km (76 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for North Jetty, Georgia. Use the tab navigation above to view North Jetty sea temperature, North Jetty photographs, North Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, North Jetty webcams, current wind from Georgia live weather stations and North Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around North Jetty.