Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.8 °C
Norman Bay in Wilson Promentary is a fairly exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. The crowds in the water make a gath helmet a good idea.
For Great Glennie Island, Australia, 9 km from Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Sandy Point, 29 km from Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory).
|light winds from the S|
Overall Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) o... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory)
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory):(click location name for more details)
- Closest break1 mi
- Second closest break2 mi
- Third closest break2 mi
- Fourth closest break5 mi
- Fifth closest break6 mi
Tide stations nearest to Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory):
- Closest tide stationGreat Glennie Island6 mi
- Second closest tide stationRabbit Island14 mi
- Third closest tide stationWaratah Bay21 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPort Welshpool25 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPhillip Island70 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory):
- Closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)83 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)84 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)98 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)109 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)131 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory):
- Closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)86 mi
- Second closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)90 mi
- Third closest city locationMelbourne (Australia)116 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGeelong (Australia)119 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHoppers Crossing (Australia)119 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Norman Bay is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW) in Australia, 159 km (99 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Norman Bay is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB), also in Australia, 192 km (119 miles) away.
- Third is Avalon Airport (AVV) in Australia, 196 km (122 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 200 km (124 miles) away.
- Launceston Airport (LST), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Norman Bay and is 288 km (179 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory), VIC - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) sea temperature, Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) photographs, Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) webcams, current wind from VIC - East Coast live weather stations and Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory) tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Norman Bay (Wilsons Promontory).