Noorderstrand Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.1 °C
Noorderstrand on the West Coast is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the east. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks favour lefts. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Beware of rips and jellyfish.
Overall Noorderstrand Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Noorderstrand over a normal Ju... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Noorderstrand surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Netherlands surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Noorderstrand
Ski Resorts closest to Noorderstrand:
- Closest ski areaHellenthal-Skiarena Weisser Stein (Germany)148 mi
- Second closest ski areaWildewiese-Sundern (Germany)171 mi
- Third closest ski areaOlpe-Fahlenscheid (Germany)175 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHilchenbach-Luetzel (Germany)186 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBestwig-Wasserfall-Fort Fun (Germany)188 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Noorderstrand is Valkenburg Airport (LID) in Netherlands, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Noorderstrand is Rotterdam Airport (RTM), also in Netherlands, 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Schiphol (Amsterdam) Airport (AMS) in Netherlands, 44 km (27 miles) away.
- Soesterberg Airport (UTC) in Netherlands is 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Woensdrecht Airport (WOE), also in Netherlands is the fifth nearest airport to Noorderstrand and is 71 km (44 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Noorderstrand, Netherlands. Use the tab navigation above to view Noorderstrand sea temperature, Noorderstrand photographs, Noorderstrand detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Noorderstrand webcams, current wind from Netherlands live weather stations and Noorderstrand tide predictions. The Netherlands swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Netherlands and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Netherlands wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Noorderstrand.