Niton Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.0 °C
Niton in Isle of Wight is a reasonably exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest.. Best around mid tide. Beware of rips and rocks.
For Ventnor, 9 km from Niton.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At St.Catherines Pt., 1 km from Niton.
|strong winds from the WSW|
At Greenwich Buoy, 58 miles from Niton.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5||5||6||6|
Overall Niton Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Niton through an average July an... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Niton surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Isle of Wight surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Niton
Tide stations nearest to Niton:
- Closest tide stationVentnor6 mi
- Second closest tide stationRyde11 mi
- Third closest tide stationCowes12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFreshwater12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLee-on-the-Solent16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Niton:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre223 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise284 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club286 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common290 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss291 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Niton:
- Closest city locationGosport17 mi
- Second closest city locationPortsmouth19 mi
- Third closest city locationFareham20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChristchurch24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationHavant24 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Niton is Southampton Airport (SOU) in England, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Niton is Bournemouth Airport (BOH), also in England, 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Third is Gatwick (London) Airport (LGW) in England, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Maupertus (Cherbourg) Airport (CER) in France is 103 km (64 miles) away.
- Yeovilton Airport (YEO) in U.k. is the fifth nearest airport to Niton and is 106 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Niton, Isle of Wight. Use the tab navigation above to view Niton sea temperature, Niton photographs, Niton detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Niton webcams, current wind from Isle of Wight live weather stations and Niton tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Niton.