92nd Street Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.7 °C
92nd Street in Long Island New Yorkis a breakwater break. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the south southeast. When it's working here, it can get crowded.
For Beach Channel (bridge), Long Island, New York, 1 km from 92nd Street.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At New York City/JFK Airport, 7 km from 92nd Street.
Dry and partly cloudy
At New York Harbour Buoy, 16 miles from 92nd Street.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||7||8|
Overall 92nd Street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at 92nd Street over a normal August... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single 92nd Street surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of 92nd Street
Visitor Reviews of 92nd Street
Tide stations nearest to 92nd Street:
- Closest tide stationBeach Channel (bridge), Long Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationJFK International Airport, Queens3 mi
- Third closest tide stationBarren Island, Rockaway Inlet, Long Island4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEast Rockaway Inlet, Long Island4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMotts Basin, Long Island4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to 92nd Street:
- Closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain (United States)39 mi
- Second closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center (United States)46 mi
- Third closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center (United States)49 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Peter Ski Area (United States)55 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMountain Creek Resort (United States)55 mi
Town and city forecasts close to 92nd Street:
- Closest city locationJohn F Kennedy International Airport (United States)4 mi
- Second closest city locationEast New York (United States)7 mi
- Third closest city locationLong Beach (United States)8 mi
- Fourth closest city locationValley Stream (United States)8 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBrooklyn (United States)9 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for 92nd Street, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view 92nd Street sea temperature, 92nd Street photographs, 92nd Street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, 92nd Street webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and 92nd Street tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around 92nd Street.