92nd Street Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 6.0 °C
92nd Street in Long Island New Yorkis a breakwater break. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the south southeast. When it's working here, it can get crowded.
For Beach Channel (bridge), Long Island, New York, 1 km from 92nd Street.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Rockaway WeatherMan Ken New York wx, 2 km from 92nd Street.
|light winds from the SSW|
At New York Harbour Buoy, 16 miles from 92nd Street.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||11||13||12|
Overall 92nd Street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at 92nd Street through an... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single 92nd Street surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of 92nd Street
Tide stations nearest to 92nd Street:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to 92nd Street is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to 92nd Street is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA), also in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in USA, 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB) in USA is 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Westchester Co (White Plains) Airport (HPN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to 92nd Street and is 55 km (34 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for 92nd Street, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view 92nd Street sea temperature, 92nd Street photographs, 92nd Street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, 92nd Street webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and 92nd Street tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around 92nd Street.