92nd Street Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.7 °C
92nd Street in Long Island New Yorkis a breakwater break. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southeast. It's sometimes crowded here.
For Beach Channel (bridge), Long Island, New York, 1 km from 92nd Street.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At New York City/JFK Airport, 7 km from 92nd Street.
|light winds from the SSE|
At New York Harbour Buoy, 16 miles from 92nd Street.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||8|
Overall 92nd Street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph shows the range of swells directed at 92nd Street over a normal June. It is b... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single 92nd Street surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of 92nd Street
Tide stations nearest to 92nd Street:
- Closest tide stationBeach Channel (bridge), Long Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationJFK International Airport, Queens3 mi
- Third closest tide stationBarren Island, Rockaway Inlet, Long Island4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEast Rockaway Inlet, Long Island4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMotts Basin, Long Island4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to 92nd Street:
- Closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain39 mi
- Second closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center46 mi
- Third closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center49 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Peter Ski Area55 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMountain Creek Resort55 mi
Town and city forecasts close to 92nd Street:
- Closest city locationJohn F Kennedy International Airport4 mi
- Second closest city locationEast New York7 mi
- Third closest city locationLong Beach8 mi
- Fourth closest city locationValley Stream8 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBrooklyn9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to 92nd Street is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to 92nd Street is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA), also in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in USA, 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB) in USA is 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Westchester Co (White Plains) Airport (HPN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to 92nd Street and is 55 km (34 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for 92nd Street, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view 92nd Street sea temperature, 92nd Street photographs, 92nd Street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, 92nd Street webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and 92nd Street tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around 92nd Street.