Nieuwpoort Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Sea – Belgium)
Nieuwpoort Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.3 °C
Nieuwpoort on the West Coast is a quite exposed beach/jetties break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the north northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around high tide when the tide is falling. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for Man-made danger (buoys etc...) and pollution.
For Nieuwpoort, 3 km from Nieuwpoort.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oostende Airport, 10 km from Nieuwpoort.
|light winds from the SSW|
Dry and partly cloudy
At Sandettie Buoy, 41 miles from Nieuwpoort.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall Nieuwpoort Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Nieuwpoort through a typic... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Nieuwpoort surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North Sea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Nieuwpoort
Visitor Reviews of Nieuwpoort
Tide stations nearest to Nieuwpoort:
- Closest tide stationNieuwpoort2 mi
- Second closest tide stationMiddelkerke4 mi
- Third closest tide stationKoksijde6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationDe Panne7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOostende10 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Nieuwpoort:
- Closest ski areaHellenthal-Skiarena Weisser Stein (Germany)167 mi
- Second closest ski areaThalfang-Erbeskopf (Germany)216 mi
- Third closest ski areaOlpe-Fahlenscheid (Germany)226 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWildewiese-Sundern (Germany)227 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBad Marienberg-Schorrberg (Germany)231 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Nieuwpoort:
- Closest city locationOstend (Belgium)9 mi
- Second closest city locationCoudekerque-Branche (France)17 mi
- Third closest city locationDunkerque (France)18 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBruges (Belgium)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIeper (Belgium)22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Nieuwpoort is Oostende (Ostend) Airport (OST) in Belgium, 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Nieuwpoort is Wevelgem (Kortrijk-vevelgem) Airport (QKT), also in Belgium, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Calais Dunkerque Airport (CQF) in France, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Lesquin (Lille) Airport (LIL) in France is 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Manston Airport (MSE) in England is the fifth nearest airport to Nieuwpoort and is 99 km (61 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Nieuwpoort, North Sea. Use the tab navigation above to view Nieuwpoort sea temperature, Nieuwpoort photographs, Nieuwpoort detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Nieuwpoort webcams, current wind from North Sea live weather stations and Nieuwpoort tide predictions. The Belgium swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Belgium and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Belgium wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Nieuwpoort.