Nexus Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 31.7 °C
Nexus in Borneo is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Offshore winds are from the southeast. The optimum well angle is from the northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. An unrowded break, even when it is working. Beware of .
Overall Nexus Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Nexus through a typical July, based on... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Nexus surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Borneo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Nexus
Visitor Reviews of Nexus
“Nexus is a resort based spot, its an half hour drive from Kota Kinabalu. The waves are ok when it works ,but it is dependent on the right swell and wind as are most surf spots in Sabah. The waves itself are mild beach breaks , they have a tendancy to close out a little most of the time. I have surfed the southern point at about 3ft but its rare . I have stayed at the resort over 6 times over the years and only had the point work that one time. They say it works more in the southwest monsoon season, june -july. They say you cant surf this spot unless your staying at the resort, but you can try, just park away from the main entrance walk down to the beach and have your surf, remember we rely on you to do the right thing so we can still surf the place.”
ianhaldanesmith from MALAYSIA - 05 Mar 2013
Tide stations nearest to Nexus:
- Closest tide stationKota Kinabalu10 mi
- Second closest tide stationKinarut21 mi
- Third closest tide stationPapar29 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKudat73 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVictoria (Labuan)83 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Nexus:
- Closest ski areaGokase Highland (Japan)2069 mi
- Second closest ski areaAsosan (Japan)2086 mi
- Third closest ski areaTenzan Ski Resort (Japan)2088 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaKujyu (Japan)2102 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSol-Fa (Japan)2178 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Nexus:
- Closest city locationKota Kinabalu (Malaysia)9 mi
- Second closest city locationPutatan (Malaysia)14 mi
- Third closest city locationDonggongon (Malaysia)14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKeningau (Malaysia)54 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKudat (Malaysia)73 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Nexus is Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI) in Malaysia, which is 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Nexus is Labuan Airport (LBU), also in Malaysia, 131 km (81 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Brunei International Airport (BWN) in Brunei, 184 km (114 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Nexus, Borneo. Use the tab navigation above to view Nexus sea temperature, Nexus photographs, Nexus detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Nexus webcams, current wind from Borneo live weather stations and Nexus tide predictions. The Malaysia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Malaysia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Malaysia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Nexus.