Newquay Town Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.0 °C
Newquay Town Beach in North Cornwall is a sheltered beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the west. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Crowds may reach hazard levels at this break - consider wearing a lid.
For Newquay, 2 km from Newquay Town Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Newquay, 6 km from Newquay Town Beach.
|moderate winds from the SW|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Newquay Town Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Newquay Town Beach over a normal... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Newquay Town Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (North) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Newquay Town Beach
Tide stations nearest to Newquay Town Beach:
- Closest tide stationNewquay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationTruro11 mi
- Third closest tide stationWadebridge12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint Austell14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPar16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Newquay Town Beach:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre268 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise298 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club319 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYad Moss319 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHarwood Common320 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Newquay Town Beach:
- Closest city locationPlymouth40 mi
- Second closest city locationBarnstaple63 mi
- Third closest city locationNewton Abbot65 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPaignton67 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTorquay70 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Newquay Town Beach is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Newquay Town Beach is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 150 km (93 miles) away.
- Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales is the fifth nearest airport to Newquay Town Beach and is 163 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Newquay Town Beach, Cornwall (North). Use the tab navigation above to view Newquay Town Beach sea temperature, Newquay Town Beach photographs, Newquay Town Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Newquay Town Beach webcams, current wind from Cornwall (North) live weather stations and Newquay Town Beach tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Newquay Town Beach.