Newport Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.9 °C
Newport beach in Orange County is a sheltered beach break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Balboa Pier, Newport Beach, California, 4 km from Newport Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Corona Del Mar, 6 km from Newport Beach.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 65 miles from Newport Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||21||19||19||19|
Overall Newport Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Newport Beach through an average... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Newport Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Newport Beach
Tide stations nearest to Newport Beach:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station2 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Newport beach is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Newport beach is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Newport beach and is 56 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Newport Beach, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Newport Beach sea temperature, Newport Beach photographs, Newport Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Newport Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Newport Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Newport Beach.