Newport Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.4 °C
Newport beach in Orange County is a sheltered beach break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Balboa Pier, Newport Beach, California, 4 km from Newport Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Corona Del Mar, 6 km from Newport Beach.
|light winds from the S|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 65 miles from Newport Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||17||17||16||17|
Overall Newport Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Newport Beach over a normal June... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Newport Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Newport Beach
Tide stations nearest to Newport Beach:
- Closest tide stationSanta Ana River entrance (inside)1 mi
- Second closest tide stationBalboa Pier, Newport Beach2 mi
- Third closest tide stationNewport Bay Entrance, Corona del Mar (2)2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNewport Bay Entrance4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHuntington Beach5 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Newport Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy42 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort54 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area55 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley67 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit73 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Newport Beach:
- Closest city locationNewport Beach1 mi
- Second closest city locationCosta Mesa4 mi
- Third closest city locationHuntington Beach5 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFountain Valley6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIrvine7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Newport Beach is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Newport Beach is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 14 km (9 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 29 km (18 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Newport Beach and is 56 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Newport Beach, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Newport Beach sea temperature, Newport Beach photographs, Newport Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Newport Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Newport Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Newport Beach.