Newburgh Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.7 °C
Newburgh on the East Coast is an exposed point/rivermouth break that has pretty consitent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Windswells are much more common than groundswells and the ideal wave angle is from the southeast. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Newburgh Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Newburgh through a typical Ju... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Newburgh surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Scot - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Newburgh
Visitor Reviews of Newburgh
Tide stations nearest to Newburgh:
- Closest tide stationAberdeen12 mi
- Second closest tide stationPeterhead16 mi
- Third closest tide stationPortlethen18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationStonehaven25 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFraserburgh27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Newburgh:
- Closest ski areaThe Lecht (United Kingdom)47 mi
- Second closest ski areaCairngorm (United Kingdom)64 mi
- Third closest ski areaGlenshee (United Kingdom)65 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)117 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)117 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Newburgh:
- Closest city locationAberdeen (United Kingdom)10 mi
- Second closest city locationSpittal of Glenshee (United Kingdom)65 mi
- Third closest city locationDundee (United Kingdom)69 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPerth (United Kingdom)83 mi
- Fifth closest city locationInverness (United Kingdom)85 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Newburgh is Dyce (Aberdeen) Airport (ABZ) in U.k, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Newburgh is Lossiemouth Airport (LMO), also in U.k, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Third is Dundee Airport (DND) in U.k, 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Leuchars Airport (ADX) in U.k is 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Inverness Airport (INV), also in U.k is the fifth nearest airport to Newburgh and is 126 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Newburgh, Scot - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Newburgh sea temperature, Newburgh photographs, Newburgh detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Newburgh webcams, current wind from Scot - East Coast live weather stations and Newburgh tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Newburgh.