New Brighton Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell ENE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.9 °C
New Brighton Beach in Kaikoura is a fairly exposed beach break that does not work very often with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds are from the west southwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the east northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Sometimes crowded.
Overall New Brighton Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at New Brighton Beach through a typ... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single New Brighton Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Canterbury surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of New Brighton Beach
Tide stations nearest to New Brighton Beach:
- Closest tide stationChristchurch6 mi
- Second closest tide stationKaiapoi7 mi
- Third closest tide stationLyttelton9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAkaroa25 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKaikoura88 mi
Ski Resorts closest to New Brighton Beach:
- Closest ski areaPorters55 mi
- Second closest ski areaCraigieburn57 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Cheeseman57 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBroken River57 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Hutt59 mi
Town and city forecasts close to New Brighton Beach:
- Closest city locationChristchurch6 mi
- Second closest city locationTimaru98 mi
- Third closest city locationBlenheim149 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNelson154 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWellington184 mi
- The closest passenger airport to New Brighton Beach is Christchurch International Airport (CHC) in New Zealand, which is 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to New Brighton Beach is Timaru Airport (TIU), also in New Zealand, 152 km (94 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Hokitika Airport (HKK), also in New Zealand, 164 km (102 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for New Brighton Beach, Canterbury. Use the tab navigation above to view New Brighton Beach sea temperature, New Brighton Beach photographs, New Brighton Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, New Brighton Beach webcams, current wind from Canterbury live weather stations and New Brighton Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around New Brighton Beach.