Nauset Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.4 °C
Nauset Beach in Massachusetts is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Take care of the strong rips here.
For Nauset Harbor, Massachusetts, 2 km from Nauset Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Orleans, 2 km from Nauset Beach.
|light winds from the WSW|
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 29 miles from Nauset Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||3||3||3|
Overall Nauset Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Nauset Beach over a normal August... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Nauset Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Massachusetts surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Nauset Beach
Visitor Reviews of Nauset Beach
Tide stations nearest to Nauset Beach:
- Closest tide stationNauset Harbor1 mi
- Second closest tide stationEastham2 mi
- Third closest tide stationPleasant Bay, Cape Cod6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPleasant Bay6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWellfleet8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Nauset Beach:
- Closest ski areaBlue Hills (United States)67 mi
- Second closest ski areaBradford Ski Area (United States)82 mi
- Third closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)85 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNashoba Valley (United States)88 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)96 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Nauset Beach:
- Closest city locationYarmouth (United States)17 mi
- Second closest city locationBarnstable (United States)20 mi
- Third closest city locationNew Bedford (United States)53 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBrockton (United States)58 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWeymouth (United States)58 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Nauset Beach is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 51 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Nauset Beach is Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA, 64 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA is 124 km (77 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Nauset Beach and is 129 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Nauset Beach, Massachusetts. Use the tab navigation above to view Nauset Beach sea temperature, Nauset Beach photographs, Nauset Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Nauset Beach webcams, current wind from Massachusetts live weather stations and Nauset Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Nauset Beach.