Nantasket Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.3 °C
Nantasket Beach in Massachusetts is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around mid tide. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rips and pollution.
For Boston Light, Boston Harbor, Massachusetts, 2 km from Nantasket Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Hull, 1 km from Nantasket Beach.
|light winds from the S|
At Boston Buoy, 12 miles from Nantasket Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||7||7||7|
Overall Nantasket Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Nantasket Beach through an ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Nantasket Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Massachusetts surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Nantasket Beach
Visitor Reviews of Nantasket Beach
“I love Nantasket Beach,been going there for 54 years,local flavor is fantastic no matter what you like. I even made my own beach chairs for the beach when high tide comes, just wish more people would pickup after themselves.”
Angelo from UNITED STATES - 10 May 2014
Tide stations nearest to Nantasket Beach:
- Closest tide stationBoston Light, Boston Harbor1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHull2 mi
- Third closest tide stationStrawberry Hill2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSheep Island2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCrow Point, Hingham Harbor entrance3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Nantasket Beach:
- Closest ski areaBlue Hills14 mi
- Second closest ski areaNashoba Valley29 mi
- Third closest ski areaBradford Ski Area30 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area41 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWachusett Mountain Ski Area53 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Nantasket Beach:
- Closest city locationWeymouth7 mi
- Second closest city locationQuincy7 mi
- Third closest city locationBoston Logan Airport9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBraintree9 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSouth Boston9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Nantasket Beach is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Nantasket Beach is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED), also in USA, 38 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ) in USA, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA is 78 km (48 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Nantasket Beach and is 79 km (49 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Nantasket Beach, Massachusetts. Use the tab navigation above to view Nantasket Beach sea temperature, Nantasket Beach photographs, Nantasket Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Nantasket Beach webcams, current wind from Massachusetts live weather stations and Nantasket Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Nantasket Beach.