Nahant Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell ENE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.4 °C
Nahant Beach in Massachusetts is an exposed beach break that usually has waves, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the west with some shelter here from south winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east northeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely
For Nahant, Massachusetts, 1 km from Nahant Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Swampscott, 6 km from Nahant Beach.
At Boston Buoy, 14 miles from Nahant Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||9||9||8||9|
Overall Nahant Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph describes the combination of swells directed at Nahant Beach through an avera... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Nahant Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Massachusetts surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Nahant Beach
Visitor Reviews of Nahant Beach
“The water at Nahant Beach on Wednesday, August 18, 2011 was so disgusting you could not go in. There was so much algae or seaweed it was impossible to get through without getting covered with slime. I don't know what it was or if it was toxic.”
Fran from UNITED STATES - 17 Aug 2011
Tide stations nearest to Nahant Beach:
- Closest tide stationNahant1 mi
- Second closest tide stationLynn Harbor4 mi
- Third closest tide stationLynn, Lynn Harbor4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBelle Isle Inlet entrance, Boston Harbor5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDeer Island (south end), Boston Harbor6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Nahant Beach:
- Closest ski areaBlue Hills (United States)18 mi
- Second closest ski areaBradford Ski Area (United States)23 mi
- Third closest ski areaNashoba Valley (United States)24 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)40 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMcIntyre Ski Area (United States)49 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Nahant Beach:
- Closest city locationLynn (United States)4 mi
- Second closest city locationRevere (United States)6 mi
- Third closest city locationSaugus (United States)6 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChelsea (United States)7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSouth Peabody (United States)7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Nahant Beach is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA, 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Nahant Beach is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED), also in USA, 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ) in USA, 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Nahant Beach and is 90 km (56 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Nahant Beach, Massachusetts. Use the tab navigation above to view Nahant Beach sea temperature, Nahant Beach photographs, Nahant Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Nahant Beach webcams, current wind from Massachusetts live weather stations and Nahant Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Nahant Beach.