Nags Head Pier Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Carolina, USA)
Nags Head Pier Spot ID
Photo credit: Walter V Gresham III
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.0 °C
Nags Head Pier in North Carolina is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rips,wrecks.
For Kill Devil Hills, 7 km from Nags Head Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Kill Devil Hills Airport, 6 km from Nags Head Pier.
|light winds from the WSW|
At Virginia Beach Buoy, 62 miles from Nags Head Pier.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||7||6||7|
Overall Nags Head Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Nags Head Pier through an averag... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Nags Head Pier surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Nags Head Pier
Visitor Reviews of Nags Head Pier
Tide stations nearest to Nags Head Pier:
- Closest tide stationKill Devil Hills4 mi
- Second closest tide stationJennette's Pier5 mi
- Third closest tide stationKitty Hawk (ocean)10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRoanoke Sound Channel12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOregon Inlet Marina13 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Nags Head Pier:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)223 mi
- Second closest ski areaMassanutten (United States)242 mi
- Third closest ski areaBryce Resort (United States)259 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area (United States)271 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Liberty (United States)278 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Nags Head Pier:
- Closest city locationVirginia Beach (United States)63 mi
- Second closest city locationChesapeake (United States)69 mi
- Third closest city locationNorfolk (United States)70 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortsmouth (United States)71 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPortsmouth Heights (United States)71 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Nags Head Pier is Elizabeth City Cgas Rgnl Airport (ECG) in USA, 58 km (36 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Nags Head Pier is Oceana Nas Airport (NTU), also in USA, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Third is Norfolk International Airport (ORF) in USA, 114 km (71 miles) away.
- Norfolk Ns Airport (NGU) in USA is 122 km (76 miles) away.
- Langley Afb (Hampton) Airport (LFI), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Nags Head Pier and is 139 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Nags Head Pier, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Nags Head Pier sea temperature, Nags Head Pier photographs, Nags Head Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Nags Head Pier webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Nags Head Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Nags Head Pier.