Murkle Point Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.7 °C
Murkle Point on the North Coast is an exposed point break that only works once in a while. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the south. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. There is no beach break and there is a left hand point break too. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of rocks and pollution.
Overall Murkle Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image shows the range of swells directed at Murkle Point through an average Octobe... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Murkle Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Scot - North Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Murkle Point
Tide stations nearest to Murkle Point:
- Closest tide stationScrabster4 mi
- Second closest tide stationWick17 mi
- Third closest tide stationKirkwall30 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKinlochbervie59 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLossiemouth62 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Murkle Point:
- Closest ski areaThe Lecht (United Kingdom)98 mi
- Second closest ski areaCairngorm (United Kingdom)103 mi
- Third closest ski areaGlenshee (United Kingdom)124 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)135 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)146 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Murkle Point:
- Closest city locationInverness (United Kingdom)86 mi
- Second closest city locationAberdeen (United Kingdom)111 mi
- Third closest city locationDundee (United Kingdom)149 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPerth (United Kingdom)153 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGlenrothes (United Kingdom)167 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Murkle Point is Wick Airport (WIC) in U.k., 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Murkle Point is Kirkwall Airport (KOI) in Scotland, 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Lossiemouth Airport (LMO) in U.k, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Inverness Airport (INV) in U.k is 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Dyce (Aberdeen) Airport (ABZ), also in U.k is the fifth nearest airport to Murkle Point and is 173 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Murkle Point, Scot - North Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Murkle Point sea temperature, Murkle Point photographs, Murkle Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Murkle Point webcams, current wind from Scot - North Coast live weather stations and Murkle Point tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Murkle Point.