Mukerau Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.0 °C
Mukerau Beach in Northland is a sheltered beach break that has reasonably consistent surf Ideal winds are from the south. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks peel to the left. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Ahipara Bay, New Zealand, 2 km from Mukerau Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cape Karikari, 51 km from Mukerau Beach.
|light winds from the SSE|
No weather report
Overall Mukerau Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Mukerau Beach over a normal July... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mukerau Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Northland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mukerau Beach
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Mukerau Beach:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break1 mi
- Second closest break1 mi
- Third closest break2 mi
- Fourth closest break2 mi
- Fifth closest break3 mi
Tide stations nearest to Mukerau Beach:
- Closest tide stationAhipara Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationDairy Factory Wharf12 mi
- Third closest tide stationOmaia Island15 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSheigis Beacon22 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHouhora River Entrance24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mukerau Beach:
- Closest ski areaManganui290 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa310 mi
- Third closest ski areaTukino314 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuroa315 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow463 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mukerau Beach:
- Closest city locationWhangarei78 mi
- Second closest city locationWaitakere140 mi
- Third closest city locationAuckland145 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNorthshore145 mi
- Fifth closest city locationManukau158 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Mukerau Beach is Kaitaia Airport (KAT) in New Zealand, which is 19 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mukerau Beach is Kerikeri Airport (KKE), also in New Zealand, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Whangarei Airport (WRE), also in New Zealand, 130 km (81 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mukerau Beach, Northland. Use the tab navigation above to view Mukerau Beach sea temperature, Mukerau Beach photographs, Mukerau Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mukerau Beach webcams, current wind from Northland live weather stations and Mukerau Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mukerau Beach.