Mouse Rock Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.8 °C
Mouse Rock in San Luis Obispois a reef break. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. Offshore winds blow from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. The location means that it never gets crowded. Hazards include - Urchins - Rocks - Localism - Sharks.
For Morro Beach, Estero Bay, California, 6 km from Mouse Rock.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Los Osos, 16 km from Mouse Rock.
At Santa Maria Buoy, 40 miles from Mouse Rock.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||14||14||14|
Overall Mouse Rock Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Mouse Rock through a typical... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mouse Rock surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mouse Rock
Visitor Reviews of Mouse Rock
Tide stations nearest to Mouse Rock:
- Closest tide stationMorro Beach, Estero Bay4 mi
- Second closest tide stationMorro Bay6 mi
- Third closest tide stationCambria13 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPort San Luis21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Simeon21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mouse Rock:
- Closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows (United States)133 mi
- Second closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort (United States)157 mi
- Third closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)168 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak (United States)168 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMammoth Mountain (United States)184 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mouse Rock:
- Closest city locationAtascadero (United States)14 mi
- Second closest city locationPaso Robles (United States)17 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Luis Obispo (United States)18 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSanta Maria (United States)43 mi
- Fifth closest city locationOrcutt (United States)48 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mouse Rock, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view Mouse Rock sea temperature, Mouse Rock photographs, Mouse Rock detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mouse Rock webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and Mouse Rock tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mouse Rock.