Mount Maunganui Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Bay of Plenty, New Zealand)
Mount Maunganui Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.7 °C
Mount Maunguni in Bay of Plenty is a reasonably exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the south southwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of .
Overall Mount Maunganui Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Mount Maunganui through an avera... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mount Maunganui surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bay of Plenty surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mount Maunganui
Visitor Reviews of Mount Maunganui
Tide stations nearest to Mount Maunganui:
- Closest tide stationTauranga1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSlipper Island42 mi
- Third closest tide stationMoutohora (Whale) Island47 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTairua47 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWhakatane50 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mount Maunganui:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)116 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)118 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)122 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)162 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)342 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mount Maunganui:
- Closest city locationTauranga (New Zealand)4 mi
- Second closest city locationRotorua (New Zealand)35 mi
- Third closest city locationHamilton (New Zealand)49 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManukau (New Zealand)85 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorthshore (New Zealand)96 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Mount Maunguni is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mount Maunguni is Rotorua Airport (ROT), also in New Zealand, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Whakatane Airport (WHK) in New Zealand, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand is 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Taupo Airport (TUO), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Mount Maunguni and is 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty. Use the tab navigation above to view Mount Maunganui sea temperature, Mount Maunganui photographs, Mount Maunganui detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mount Maunganui webcams, current wind from Bay of Plenty live weather stations and Mount Maunganui tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mount Maunganui.