Moss Landing Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.8 °C
Moss Landing in Monterey is a quite exposed beach break that is often working. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of rips, locals and sharks.
For Elkhorn Slough, Highway 1 Bridge, California, 1 km from Moss Landing.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Heights Moss Landing wx, 3 km from Moss Landing.
|light winds from the WSW|
At Monterey Buoy, 34 miles from Moss Landing.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||9||9||9|
Overall Moss Landing Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Moss Landing through an aver... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Moss Landing surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Monterey surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Moss Landing
Tide stations nearest to Moss Landing:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station1 mi
- Third closest tide station1 mi
- Fourth closest tide station1 mi
- Fifth closest tide station1 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Moss Landing is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 62 km (39 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Moss Landing is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ), also in USA, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 103 km (64 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Modesto City Co Harry Sham Airport (MOD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Moss Landing and is 117 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Moss Landing, CAL - Monterey. Use the tab navigation above to view Moss Landing sea temperature, Moss Landing photographs, Moss Landing detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Moss Landing webcams, current wind from CAL - Monterey live weather stations and Moss Landing tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Moss Landing.