Morro Negrito Spot ID
Photo credit: Steve Thompson
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.3 °C
Morro Negrito in Golfo de Chiriqui is an exposed reef and point break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. A left hand reef break and in addition, there is also a left hand point break. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of urchins and rocks.
Overall Morro Negrito Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Morro Negrito over a nor... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Morro Negrito surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Veraguas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Morro Negrito
Visitor Reviews of Morro Negrito
“I recently returned from a week at Morro Negrito and the entire experience was awesome. I booked this trip months in advance and watched the reviews pour in from other surfers. I wasn't sure exactly how everything was going to come together but it did; flawlessly. We arrived in Panama and were greeted by David who was amazingly helpful and took great care to ensure that we had everything that we needed. The staff in Puerto Yurre (Ruly, Elise, Lucy, Raul, Chano and Chefi) were unbelievably cordial and really went out of their way to ensure that we were comfortable and prepared for the day's adventures. The surf breaks were incredible, the islands were beautiful and the people were warm and welcoming. Our surf guide, was knowledgeable and went to great lengths to ensure that we had an awesome experience. Already planning to go back next year.”
Sam Parks from UNITED STATES - 01 May 2012
Tide stations nearest to Morro Negrito:
- Closest tide stationPedregal54 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Armuelles79 mi
- Third closest tide stationBocas del Toro, Almirante Bay98 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAlmirante99 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGolfito107 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Morro Negrito:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1219 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1840 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1867 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1869 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1874 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Morro Negrito:
- Closest city locationSantiago de Veraguas (Panama)51 mi
- Second closest city locationDavid (Panama)55 mi
- Third closest city locationChitre (Panama)88 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLa Chorrera (Panama)145 mi
- Fifth closest city locationVista Alegre (Panama)152 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Morro Negrito is Enrique Malek International (David) Airport (DAV) in Panama, 88 km (55 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Morro Negrito is Coto 47 Airport (OTR) in Costa Rica, 151 km (94 miles) away.
- Third is Bocas Del Toro Airport (BOC) in Panama, 156 km (97 miles) away.
- Golfito Airport (GLF) in Costa Rica is 175 km (109 miles) away.
- Cap Manuel Nino International (Changuinola) Airport (CHX) in Panama is the fifth nearest airport to Morro Negrito and is 181 km (112 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Morro Negrito, Veraguas. Use the tab navigation above to view Morro Negrito sea temperature, Morro Negrito photographs, Morro Negrito detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Morro Negrito webcams, current wind from Veraguas live weather stations and Morro Negrito tide predictions. The Panama swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Panama and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Panama wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Morro Negrito.