Moonstone Beach Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Humboldt County, USA)
Moonstone Beach Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.3 °C
Moonstone Beach in Humboldt is a fairly exposed beach break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Rarely crowded here. Take care of Shaks,urchins, rips and rocks.
For Trinidad Harbor, California, 4 km from Moonstone Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Arcata/Eureka Airport, 6 km from Moonstone Beach.
|light winds from the NNW|
Dry and cloudy
At Eel River Buoy, 31 miles from Moonstone Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||10||9||8|
Overall Moonstone Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph describes the combination of swells directed at Moonstone Beach through a typ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Moonstone Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Humboldt surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Moonstone Beach
Visitor Reviews of Moonstone Beach
“Moon Stone and Camel Rock are pretty much the same beach but you guys give it a different forecast. Moonstone there can be a slight rip because there is a creek run out but nothing major. You got the shark part right though. I've never seen any sea urchins though. And Moon stone is best at high tide just like camel rock right when the tide shifts at low tide. But half to paddle out a good 300 yards to get out to the first sand bar. Winter time is the best for experienced surfers summer it all wind driven and ankle slappers.”
Turttle from UNITED STATES - 21 Feb 2014
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Moonstone Beach:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break1 mi
- Second closest break1 mi
- Third closest break2 mi
- Fourth closest break3 mi
- Fifth closest break8 mi
Tide stations nearest to Moonstone Beach:
- Closest tide stationTrinidad Harbor2 mi
- Second closest tide stationMcKinleyville6 mi
- Third closest tide stationMad River Slough, Arcata Bay, Humboldt Bay12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationArcata Wharf, Humboldt Bay12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSamoa, Humboldt Bay15 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Moonstone Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)104 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)104 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)157 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCoppervale (United States)186 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWillamette Pass (United States)207 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Moonstone Beach:
- Closest city locationEureka (United States)17 mi
- Second closest city locationRedding (United States)95 mi
- Third closest city locationGrants Pass (United States)106 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMedford (United States)110 mi
- Fifth closest city locationChico (United States)150 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Moonstone Beach is Chico Muni Airport (CIC) in USA, which is 236 km (147 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Moonstone Beach is Beale Afb (Marysville) Airport (BAB), also in USA, 311 km (193 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Moonstone Beach, CAL - Humboldt. Use the tab navigation above to view Moonstone Beach sea temperature, Moonstone Beach photographs, Moonstone Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Moonstone Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - Humboldt live weather stations and Moonstone Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Moonstone Beach.