Monterrico Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.8 °C
Monterrico in Pacific Coast is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Overall Monterrico Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure shows the combination of swells directed at Monterrico over a normal Novembe... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Monterrico surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Pacific Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Monterrico
Visitor Reviews of Monterrico
“This is my first time in a long time to the Mayan Empire's pacific cost. The sand is strikingly black and unbearably hot to walk on without flip. The location south of Monterrico where I currently am is called Hawaii. The riptide undertow is nothing like I've experienced anywhere before. This is due to a steep beach break shelf that has little to no resistance slowing crashing waves right on the sand. Not a place for the novice.”
George Pleitez from UNITED STATES - 18 Apr 2014
Tide stations nearest to Monterrico:
- Closest tide stationSan Jose18 mi
- Second closest tide stationAcajutla53 mi
- Third closest tide stationLa Libertad87 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationChamperico95 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOcos118 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Monterrico:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1477 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1525 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1530 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1541 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)1565 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Monterrico:
- Closest city locationBarberena (Guatemala)30 mi
- Second closest city locationEsquintla (Guatemala)31 mi
- Third closest city locationPalin (Guatemala)36 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFraijanes (Guatemala)39 mi
- Fifth closest city locationVilla Canales (Guatemala)40 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Monterrico is La Aurora (Guatemala City) Airport (GUA) in Guatemala, which is 75 km (47 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Monterrico is El Salvador International (San Salvador) Airport (SAL) in El Salvador, 169 km (105 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Coban Airport (CBV) in Guatemala, 174 km (108 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Monterrico, Pacific Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Monterrico sea temperature, Monterrico photographs, Monterrico detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Monterrico webcams, current wind from Pacific Coast live weather stations and Monterrico tide predictions. The Guatemala swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Guatemala and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Guatemala wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Monterrico.