Montanita Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.2 °C
Montanita in Guayas is an exposed reef and point break that has fairly consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. There is a right hand reef break Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Rocks are a hazard. "Nearby Jipijapa is a dusty inland town, I really doubt any surfer would like to stay there, when there are plenty of hotels in Montañita itself and nearby places right at the beach were a surfer would like to stay"... by Galo, a local Guayaquil surfer
Overall Montanita Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure shows the range of swells directed at Montanita over a normal April, based o... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Montanita surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guayas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Montanita
- The closest passenger airport to Montanita is General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador, 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Montanita is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO), also in Ecuador, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador, 86 km (53 miles) away.
- Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE) in Ecuador is 113 km (70 miles) away.
- General Serrano (Machala) Airport (MCH), also in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Montanita and is 196 km (122 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Montanita, Guayas. Use the tab navigation above to view Montanita sea temperature, Montanita photographs, Montanita detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Montanita webcams, current wind from Guayas live weather stations and Montanita tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Montanita.