Monseigneur Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.4 °C
Monseigneur Bay in Antanosy is a fairly exposed point break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall Monseigneur Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Monseigneur Bay over a... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Monseigneur Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to East surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Monseigneur Bay
Ski Resorts closest to Monseigneur Bay:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)1155 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)1227 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)1741 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))3840 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))3844 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Monseigneur Bay is Tolagnaro Airport (FTU) in Madagascar, which is 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Monseigneur Bay is Farafangana Airport (RVA), also in Madagascar, 262 km (163 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Monseigneur Bay, East. Use the tab navigation above to view Monseigneur Bay sea temperature, Monseigneur Bay photographs, Monseigneur Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Monseigneur Bay webcams, current wind from East live weather stations and Monseigneur Bay tide predictions. The Madagascar swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Madagascar and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Madagascar wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Monseigneur Bay.