Misquamicut State Beach Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.8 °C
Misquamicut State Beach in Rhode Islandis a beach break that is usually a safe bet and works all around the year. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Take care of .
For Weekapaug Point, Block Island Sound, Rhode Island, 3 km from Misquamicut State Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Westerly, 1 km from Misquamicut State Beach.
|moderate winds from the WSW|
At Montauk Point Buoy, 46 miles from Misquamicut State Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||9||8||8|
Overall Misquamicut State Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Misquamicut State Beach through ... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Misquamicut State Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Misquamicut State Beach
Visitor Reviews of Misquamicut State Beach
“Sandy Dunes Beach is the best. Great sand in and off the water.
Water temperature OK in August if a normally very warm Summer.
Never crowded Monday - Friday. Friendly beach manager and always a lifeguard through Labor Day.
Never heard anyone mention rip tides under normal circumstances.
Opposite the State beach next to the State of R.I. Fishing parking lot.”
brian toomey from UNITED STATES - 27 Aug 2014
Tide stations nearest to Misquamicut State Beach:
- Closest tide stationWeekapaug Point, Block Island Sound2 mi
- Second closest tide stationWatch Hill Point4 mi
- Third closest tide stationWesterly, Pawcatuck River4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationStonington, Fishers Island Sound6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCharlestown9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Misquamicut State Beach:
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)19 mi
- Second closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)48 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area (United States)61 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Sundown (United States)67 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area (United States)68 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Misquamicut State Beach:
- Closest city locationNew London (United States)16 mi
- Second closest city locationNorwich (United States)21 mi
- Third closest city locationNorth Kingstown (United States)23 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCoventry (United States)27 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNewport (United States)27 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Misquamicut State Beach, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Misquamicut State Beach sea temperature, Misquamicut State Beach photographs, Misquamicut State Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Misquamicut State Beach webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Misquamicut State Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Misquamicut State Beach.