Misquamicut State Beach Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.0 °C
Misquamicut State Beach in Rhode Islandis a beach break that has very consistent waves and works all around the year. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Hazards include .
For Weekapaug Point, Block Island Sound, Rhode Island, 3 km from Misquamicut State Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Westerly Airport, 3 km from Misquamicut State Beach.
|light winds from the N|
At Montauk Point Buoy, 46 miles from Misquamicut State Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||8|
Overall Misquamicut State Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Misquamicut State Beach th... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Misquamicut State Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Misquamicut State Beach
Visitor Reviews of Misquamicut State Beach
“Sandy Dunes Beach is the best. Great sand in and off the water.
Water temperature OK in August if a normally very warm Summer.
Never crowded Monday - Friday. Friendly beach manager and always a lifeguard through Labor Day.
Never heard anyone mention rip tides under normal circumstances.
Opposite the State beach next to the State of R.I. Fishing parking lot.”
brian toomey from UNITED STATES - 27 Aug 2014
Tide stations nearest to Misquamicut State Beach:
- Closest tide stationWeekapaug Point, Block Island Sound2 mi
- Second closest tide stationWatch Hill Point4 mi
- Third closest tide stationWesterly, Pawcatuck River4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationStonington, Fishers Island Sound6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCharlestown9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Misquamicut State Beach:
- Closest ski areaYawgoo Valley19 mi
- Second closest ski areaPowder Ridge48 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area61 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Sundown67 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Ward Ski Area68 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Misquamicut State Beach:
- Closest city locationNew London16 mi
- Second closest city locationNorwich21 mi
- Third closest city locationNorth Kingstown23 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCoventry27 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWest Warwick29 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Misquamicut State Beach is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Misquamicut State Beach is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Third is Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD) in USA, 85 km (53 miles) away.
- The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Bradley International (Windsor Locks) Airport (BDL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Misquamicut State Beach and is 101 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Misquamicut State Beach, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Misquamicut State Beach sea temperature, Misquamicut State Beach photographs, Misquamicut State Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Misquamicut State Beach webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Misquamicut State Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Misquamicut State Beach.