Misquamicut State Beach Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.5 °C
Misquamicut State Beach in Rhode Islandis a beach break that is usually a safe bet and works all around the year. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A popular wave that can get growded. Hazards include .
For Weekapaug Point, Block Island Sound, Rhode Island, 3 km from Misquamicut State Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Westerly, 1 km from Misquamicut State Beach.
At Montauk Point Buoy, 46 miles from Misquamicut State Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||6||6||7|
Overall Misquamicut State Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Misquamicut State Beach through ... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Misquamicut State Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Misquamicut State Beach
Visitor Reviews of Misquamicut State Beach
“Sandy Dunes Beach is the best. Great sand in and off the water.
Water temperature OK in August if a normally very warm Summer.
Never crowded Monday - Friday. Friendly beach manager and always a lifeguard through Labor Day.
Never heard anyone mention rip tides under normal circumstances.
Opposite the State beach next to the State of R.I. Fishing parking lot.”
brian toomey from UNITED STATES - 27 Aug 2014
Tide stations nearest to Misquamicut State Beach:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Misquamicut State Beach is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Misquamicut State Beach is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Third is Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD) in USA, 85 km (53 miles) away.
- The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA is 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Bradley International (Windsor Locks) Airport (BDL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Misquamicut State Beach and is 101 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Misquamicut State Beach, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Misquamicut State Beach sea temperature, Misquamicut State Beach photographs, Misquamicut State Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Misquamicut State Beach webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Misquamicut State Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Misquamicut State Beach.