Mill Bay Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ENE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.0 °C
Mill Bay in Kodiak Island is a sheltered beach break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds are from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Rarely crowded here. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall Mill Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Mill Bay through an average ... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mill Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Alaska - Kodiak Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mill Bay
Visitor Reviews of Mill Bay
Tide stations nearest to Mill Bay:
- Closest tide stationKodiak (2)3 mi
- Second closest tide stationKodiak, Port of Kodiak4 mi
- Third closest tide stationKodiak, Saint Paul Harbor7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSpruce Island (north side)8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKodiak, Women's Bay9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mill Bay:
- Closest ski areaAlpenglow (United States)236 mi
- Second closest ski areaHilltop Ski Area (United States)247 mi
- Third closest ski areaAlyeska Resort (United States)251 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaEaglecrest Ski Area (United States)654 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaShames Mountain (Canada)927 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mill Bay:
- Closest city locationAnchorage (United States)245 mi
- Second closest city locationFairbanks (United States)507 mi
- Third closest city locationJuneau (United States)655 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPrince George (Canada)1169 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCampbell River (Canada)1218 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Mill Bay is Kodiak Airport (ADQ) in USA, which is 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Mill Bay is Homer Airport (HOM), also in USA, 209 km (130 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mill Bay, Alaska - Kodiak Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Mill Bay sea temperature, Mill Bay photographs, Mill Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mill Bay webcams, current wind from Alaska - Kodiak Island live weather stations and Mill Bay tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mill Bay.