Middleton Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.6 °C
Middleton Beach in Far South Australia is a very sheltered beach break that has inconsistent surf Offshore winds are from the west northwest. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Sharks have been reported here.
For Albany, Australia, 7 km from Middleton Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Albany, 8 km from Middleton Beach.
|light winds from the N|
State of sky unchanged
Overall Middleton Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This image shows the range of swells directed at Middleton Beach through an average Jul... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Middleton Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to WA - Far South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Middleton Beach
Visitor Reviews of Middleton Beach
“midds (Middleton Beach Albany WA)
Only wave at midds is on an east swell - generated by a high press in the
Great Australian Bight - wind swell.
The point gets a waves on a severe weather incidence every 10years
generated by a cut-off low pressure that is mostly south/south east.
Most swell at midds are SSW and too straight to create any kind of ridable
Beach is presently closed with Australia's biggest white pointer (tagged) and dead whale . Very disappointing summer”
paul king from AUSTRALIA - 13 Apr 2014
Tide stations nearest to Middleton Beach:
- Closest tide stationAlbany4 mi
- Second closest tide stationWindy Harbour109 mi
- Third closest tide stationMary Ann Haven147 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFlinders Bay166 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationEaton176 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Middleton Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)1548 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)1560 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)1580 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)1584 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)1592 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Middleton Beach:
- Closest city locationBunbury (Australia)177 mi
- Second closest city locationMandurah (Australia)218 mi
- Third closest city locationPerth (Australia)247 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKalgoorlie (Australia)363 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGeraldton (Australia)477 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Middleton Beach is Perth Jandakot Airport (JAD) in Australia, which is 383 km (238 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Middleton Beach is Perth International Airport (PER), also in Australia, 394 km (245 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Middleton Beach, WA - Far South. Use the tab navigation above to view Middleton Beach sea temperature, Middleton Beach photographs, Middleton Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Middleton Beach webcams, current wind from WA - Far South live weather stations and Middleton Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Middleton Beach.