Mellieha-Bay Spot ID
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.8 °C
Mellieha-Bay in Malta - Mediterranean is a fairly exposed sandbar break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Waves can be ok even in light onshore winds Windswells provide any waves and the best wave direction is from the east. Waves at the sandbar are mainly lefts. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for jellyfishs.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Mediterranean surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mellieha-Bay
Ski Resorts closest to Mellieha-Bay:
- The closest passenger airport to Mellieha-Bay is Luqa (Malta) Airport (MLA) in Malta, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mellieha-Bay is Lampedusa Airport (LMP) in Italy, 165 km (102 miles) away.
- Third is Sigonella Airport (NSY) in Italy, 167 km (104 miles) away.
- Catania Fontanarossa Airport (CTA) in Italy is 178 km (111 miles) away.
- Pantelleria Airport (PNL), also in Italy is the fifth nearest airport to Mellieha-Bay and is 233 km (145 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mellieha-Bay, Mediterranean. Use the tab navigation above to view Mellieha-Bay sea temperature, Mellieha-Bay photographs, Mellieha-Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mellieha-Bay webcams, current wind from Mediterranean live weather stations and Mellieha-Bay tide predictions. The Malta swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Malta and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Malta wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mellieha-Bay.