Medewi Spot ID
Photo credit: Matt Gill
Type: beach and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.0 °C
Medewi in Bali (West Coast) is an exposed beach and point break that has pretty consitent surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the favoured time of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the north northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest.The waves is a point break that peels left. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Medewi Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Medewi over a normal August, bas... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Medewi surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bali - Kuta surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Medewi
Visitor Reviews of Medewi
“A fantastic break: a big workable left hander that is about 90 metres long and breaks in 3 sections,the locals are great and never gets too crowded, except when its flat at kuta and ya get a carload or 2 come up for the day, this is bali circa 1970s, 30 cents a coffee 2 bucks a nasi. A couple of bombies to look out for but pretty cool.”
chris wilson from AUSTRALIA - 20 May 2014
Tide stations nearest to Medewi:
- Closest tide stationBanjar20 mi
- Second closest tide stationSingaraja31 mi
- Third closest tide stationDenpasar32 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWongsorejo42 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPanji69 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Medewi:
- Closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)2795 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)2795 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2804 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)2804 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Stirling (Australia)2806 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Medewi:
- Closest city locationNegara (Indonesia)17 mi
- Second closest city locationBanjar (Indonesia)20 mi
- Third closest city locationTabanan (Indonesia)22 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSingaraja (Indonesia)31 mi
- Fifth closest city locationDenpasar (Indonesia)32 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Medewi is Bali International (Denpasar) Airport (DPS) in Indonesia, which is 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Medewi is Selaparang (Mataram) Airport (AMI), also in Indonesia, 141 km (88 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Medewi, Bali - Kuta. Use the tab navigation above to view Medewi sea temperature, Medewi photographs, Medewi detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Medewi webcams, current wind from Bali - Kuta live weather stations and Medewi tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Medewi.