May's Point Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell S | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.2 °C
May's Point in East Coast of Tasmania is a sheltered point break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the southwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south. There is no point break. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of - Rocks - Localism.
Overall May's Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image illustrates the combination of swells directed at May's Point through a typi... (show all text)
The graph describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single May's Point surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to TAS - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of May's Point
Tide stations nearest to May's Point:
- Closest tide stationHowrah6 mi
- Second closest tide stationSandy Bay9 mi
- Third closest tide stationHobart10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKingston11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLindisfarne11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to May's Point:
- Closest ski areaMt Mawson51 mi
- Second closest ski areaBen Lomond100 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw357 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear357 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Donna Buang373 mi
Town and city forecasts close to May's Point:
- Closest city locationHobart11 mi
- Second closest city locationLaunceston104 mi
- Third closest city locationCranbourne354 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFrankston East354 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGeelong367 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to May's Point is Hobart Airport (HBA) in Australia, which is 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to May's Point is Launceston Airport (LST), also in Australia, 155 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for May's Point, TAS - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view May's Point sea temperature, May's Point photographs, May's Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, May's Point webcams, current wind from TAS - East Coast live weather stations and May's Point tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around May's Point.